Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ethiopia on my mind...

Justin and I have been enjoying Tom Davis's pictures from Ethiopia. He is from Red Letter's Campaign and was in ET last week visiting different orphanages and bringing them aid. We have seen pictures of children that we hugged. It makes us miss being there.

Ethiopia is a such a great country .

The people are wonderful and amazing. They are content despite their situations.

The children are beautiful...all of them.

The childrens' faces are forever in my mind and in my heart.

My life has been forever changed by the people of Ethiopia. There is a part of my heart that will be there throughout my whole life.

I just wish I could help each one of the orphans we met. Each one of them has their own story, but whatever their circumstances there seems to be joy in their hearts. You can sense, though, that they miss one thing and that is the love of a family.

They want you to hold them, to hug them.

I am thankful that God gave us the gift of enjoying the life of one of these children. Our lives are forever changed because of it.

I just wish that I could do more.....

1 comment:

Janet Whipple said...

Oh man, I feel ya on that one!