Thursday, April 8, 2010

March Madness

Our family experienced some March Madness of our own.  I realized lately that I haven't posted in almost a month! Yikes, I am so sorry.  March has been nonstop and April doesn't seem to be letting up either.   On March 18th my 84 year old Grandmother passed away.  I mentioned that she was in failing health before.  She was a strong woman who endured 8 brain hemorrhages, Alzheimers, a broken hip and a broken ankle.  The doctors told her after her first hemorrhage that she would probably not live to see 45, but God blessed her with almost twice that in years.  She taught me many things as a child and teenager and I will be forever grateful to her for those.  I will miss her dearly.  The week after the funeral our niece and nephew were scheduled to come for a week over their spring break.  We had such a great time.  They are 10 and 8 in age, so they were a lot of fun to have around.  We went to Fair Oaks Dairy in Northern Indiana for one day (check it out if you have never been there!!) and saw mass amounts of dairy cattle being milked on a "Dairy Go Round", a calf born and I had the best butter pecan ice cream ever (it is made fresh out of fresh cream).  The kids spent a lot of time just playing which was fabulous.

Another important happening in March was Israel's 6th birthday.  I can't believe that he is 6, time just goes by so quickly.  We celebrated with Justin's parents on his birthday with a batman birthday cake.  He is having fun figuring out all the different ways he can put up six fingers.  Maybe math will come easy for him!  He has been pretty witty lately.  Yesterday, I took the three older kids to the neighbors for kindergarten day at the farm.  Hannah and Eli helped with showing the animals to the kids and Israel went along to watch since he is a kindergartner.  I left to run some errands and while I was gone I guess some of the adult chaperons told Israel he needed to get with his class.  He came back with, "Really, I don't have a class, I am home schooled!"  Hilarious!  One adult even spoke to him from the bus while he was standing with me that he needed to go get with his class :)  I got the joy of saying he was with me that time!  Another funny saying went like this.....While he was watching his favorite show, the Electric Company, and the word "Mushroom" appeared on the t.v.  Israel looked at me and said,"  Mommy, mushroom is a really big word!"  He paused for a few seconds and then said, "It is really big word for such a little thing!"  I had to smile, pretty big thinking for a six year old!

We have also had some projects that we had been planning to do, but somehow started this past week all at the same time!  We had 3 trees cut down that were rotting, and also we have been purchasing and ordering parts for our new bathroom!   We are all excited to have a second bathroom.  Having only one bathroom for six people can be a big hairy at times, but we made it work.  We are grateful that we are able to finally do this project.

Whew, we are tired, but we will keep on going.  It is spring, so it is time to get in shape and get moving!  God helped give us a good shove and got us going!

My camera is giving me fits, so I am not able to post any pictures from the month.  I have a lot!  Hopefully, I will get that resolved and will have them up soon.

No comments: