Friday, August 1, 2008

Running Hope









Hebrews 12:1


I wanted to share with you my latest adventure, it is called Running Hope . It is an organization that "We are dedicated to helping prospective adoptive parents overcome the financial barriers associated with adoption. We accomplish this by awarding financial grants to qualified families already in the process of adopting. The size of the grant awarded is determined by several factors, the most important being need". The grants are funded in the following way: "The adoption assistance grants that are awarded to families who are adopting comes from the adoption assistance grand fund that is held by Shaohannah's Hope. At Running Hope we are encouraging and supporting people to run or walk for the purpose of raising funds in order to increase the adoption assistance grant fund at Shaohannah's Hope. The money we raise through Running Hope goes directly into the adoption fund so Shaohannah's Hope can give more grants to more families and thus more orphans can be adopted!"
The exciting part of Running Hope is that I am one of the team members, I am running to help raise funds for these grants. What an honor it is to be able to give back to Shaohannah's Hope and to help other families get the great gift of a grant.
I started running a few years ago just to stay in shape for my profession (didn't want to fall prey to too many donut jokes). Running has now become a tangible way for me to give back, to help other adoptive families afford adoption and a way to become more connected to the culture of Ethiopia. I read a great article today about Team Ethiopia and the Olympics . It made me realize just how much running is an integral part of Ethiopian culture.
Well, here is how you can help me with this. As a part of the Running Hope Team I will be running in races, raising awareness of orphans and raising money for grants. Check out my personal page from there you can learn more about Running Hope and the best part of all, you can make a donation, just look for the button on the right hand side of the page when you get there. My first race as a team member for Running Hope will be the Bee Bumble I will be running the "Killer Bee 10K" . This will be my first 10K race and I am hard at work training for it. I would love to be able to raise at least $500 for this first race and I am counting on all of my blog friends to help out.

1 comment:

Sparkz said...

thats really cool! thanks for the info! I'd never heard of this!